Commercial and Industrial Wastewater
Management of wastewater from wastewaters from commercial and industrial operations have come under increasing scrutiny recent years with increasing regulation for land and water disposal. GWE can provide professional advice and design for management of wastewater discharges from food production industries, manufacturers, timber treatment, farms and other industries requiring trade waste permits.
Process Design and Review
GWE’s team of engineers undertake the design of processing equipment for wastewater’s that require treatment prior to discharge to the public sewer of the environment. This includes:
- Review of existing treatment processes to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
- Process design for new wastewater plants including pond systems, sequence batch reactors (SBR) and membrane bioreactors (MBR)
- Design and automation of chemical dosing and storage facilities
- Design and automation of process monitoring and telemetry
- Operational improvements, operational support and training
Farm Dairy Effluent (FDE)
We offer specific services to the farming and dairy industries for the management and safe disposal of farm dairy effluent:
- Water and nutrient balance modelling
- Design of storage ponds, oxidation ponds
- Design of pump and irrigation systems
Trade Waste Management Plans
GWE assists our commercial and industrial clients with the preparation of trade waste applications. Our team of engineers can undertake a comprehensive review of your businesses water use and provide advice for managing and reducing your water consumption and trade waste obligations through waste minimisation and trade waste management plans.
Many on-site wastewater systems will require a regional resource consent for the discharge of wastewater onto land. GWE prove our clients with advice on the resource consent requirements and produce technical and planning reports – including assessment of environmental effects (AEE) to support resource consent applications for new and renewal of on-site wastewater systems.